Wood decks and porches are attractive to potential buyers because they increase the usable living area of a home by enhancing the beauty and functionality of the outdoor living space. There are many reasons to choose a wood deck. It’s easy to work with and offers environmental benefits, aesthetic warmth and enhanced value to a home. Here you’ll find a wide range of resources to get your next wood deck project started.
Safety & Maintenance
- Overview of Deck Safety Considerations
- American Wood Council Prescriptive Residential Deck Construction Guide
- American Wood Council Connection Calculator
DIY Articles & Videos
- Building a Deck? Why Wood is a Better Environmental Choice
- Choosing the Perfect Deck and Tips to Build It
- Choosing a Finish For Your Deck
- All Articles on Decking
Real Wood vs Alternative Materials
Choosing Your Species
There are a range of North American wood species and grades you can choose to construct a high-quality deck or porch. Explore these resources to learn more.