Locally-sourced Maine wood products. Innovative building strategies.
Join us on May 9th in Portland, Maine as we explore the opportunities and challenges of creating a more sustainable Maine wood-based economy and discuss best practices on how to create a more sustainable built environment by using wood products.
AIA Maine, Passivhaus Maine, and Local Wood WORKS have partnered to bring architects, engineers, wood products manufacturers, builders and policy makers together to learn, discuss, and find ways to work together to keep Maine at the forefront of these new opportunities.
- Wood is renewable
- Wood is carbon sequestering
- Wood is grown naturally
- Wood is grown locally, responsibly, and abundantly right here in the State of Maine
Mass Timber / Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) / Panelized Construction / Wood Insulation
- Allows for “tall wood” buildings of more than 5 stories, once thought to be only possible with steel and concrete products.
- Lightweight but strong
- Inherent fire, seismic, and thermal performance
- Fast and easy to install, with little waste